The Property of the Season will feature a recipient in each quadrant of the City, which is chosen by the Code Enforcement Officer servicing that area. Winners will be chosen on the following criteria:
- must be located within Rowlett city limits.
- may be residential or commercial.
- may be personally or professionally maintained.
- must have no visible code violations.
- are one of the most aesthetically pleasing in the area.
- must comply with any North Texas Municipal Water District outdoor irrigation restrictions published on Rowlett.com.
- are eligible to receive the award once every three years.
Winning properties will be chosen each season with a special "Light Up Rowlett" Holiday award in December. The City will also feature festive entry features on Rowlett.com and Facebook throughout the holiday season.
Winners will receive a yard sign to display for the season and certificate signed by the Mayor and the Code Enforcement Officer. A photo of each yard will be featured on Rowlett.com, social media and the Rowlett On the Water, On the Move monthly news show, hosted by Mayor Todd Gottel and City Manager Brian Funderburk.
Property of the Season Winners