Lieutenant Michael McGough
4401 Rowlett Rd.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Professional Standards Unit was established as part of the Rowlett Police Department's commitment to provide comprehensive law enforcement services in an ethical, fair, unbiased and professional manner. The unit's responsibilities include:
We value your feedback on how our officers are doing.
- Overseeing the professional conduct of our police officers
- Investigating complaints against police employees
- Managing the hiring of Police Officers, Communication Officers, Detention Officers and other police employees
- Managing training requirements for all of our employees
- Collecting and processing racial profiling data for the department as required by the State of Texas
- Managing and updating the department's policies and procedures
- I would like to compliment an employee for doing a good job.
- I would like to file a complaint on an employee for alleged misconduct.
All complaints will have to be followed up with a written affidavit signed by the complaining party. Complaints over a dispute on a traffic citation will not be accepted until the case has been tried in Municipal Court.
As a component of the Chief's Office,
the unit reports directly to the Chief of Police. Lt. Michael McGough
is the Commander of Professional Standards Unit and may be contacted at 972-412-6248 or by Email