Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 12:00 noon
Please place brush and bulky waste at the same pick-up location as your poly cart, if the pile is oversized please place it on the front curb. Also, please do not block alleys, sidewalks, driveways or roadways with poly carts, brush or bulky waste. Please be sure to have your brush/bulk items out by 7AM on your trash collection day.
The City of Rowlett, through Waste Management, provides weekly brush and bulky item collection without a call-in required. **Please allow up to one week for collection
Brush is defined as:
Plant material (leaves, glass clippings, branches, brush, flowers, roots, wood waste, etc.) and yard waste, which includes debris commonly thrown away in the course of maintaining yards and gardens. Brush does not include loose soils, sod, food waste, including from gardens or orchards, food compost, plastics and synthetic fibers, or lumber.
Bulky Waste is defined as:
A large appliance, piece of furniture or waste material from a residential source including lamps, bicycles, large toys and swing sets, vacuum cleaners, and other small household appliances, aluminum and plastic resin lawn furniture, carpeting measuring as well as other items of similar size, weight and compactable nature other than Construction Debris or Hazardous Waste.
| Acceptable and Unacceptable Bulky Waste
- Refrigerators and freezers (certification that the freon has been removed is required)
- All other major household appliances
- Microwaves and other small household appliances
- Hot water heaters
- Debris from minor remodeling performed by the resident
- Construction, demolition and roofing materials
- Dirt, rock and concrete
- Automobile parts, tires and batteries
- Liquids such as paint, motor oil and solvents
- Other hazardous materials such as herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, pool chemicals, etc. Hazardous materials may be dropped off at the Home Chemical and Hazardous Waste Collection Center.