- List only initials and last names on your mail box.
- Keep all entrances where you live well-illuminated.
- Install deadbolt locks and door viewers.
- Keep doors and windows locked at all times.
- Ask repair/delivery personnel for their ID. Have them wait outside while you call the company for verification.
- If a stranger asks to use the phone for an emergency, make the call for them.
- Do not give personal information to a stranger on the telephone (name, address, phone number, etc.).
- If someone dials your number by mistake do not reveal your correct number.
- If someone is prowling outside your home, or has broken into your home, try and get out safely and call the police. If you can not get out, lock doors between you and the intruder if possible.