The Garland Health Department
is working in conjunction with the Dallas County Health and Human Services Department
and other agencies to provide surveillance, prevention and control measures in response to the H1N1 and seasonal flu.
Citizens can take proactive steps to protect themselves, including:
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently.
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not available.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid others who appear sick.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes and nose. This is a common transmission mode for flu.