Arts & Humanities Commission “Rowlett Sings” Competition
- "Rowlett Sings" is an amateur singing competition open to all Rowlett residents.
- Contest categories include individuals or groups
Group (Limited to 16 performers)
Youth (Ages 15 & under)
Adult (Ages 16 & up)
Youth (Ages 14 & under)
Young Adult (Ages 15-20)
Adult (Ages 21 & up)
- Contest will have 2 rounds:
Preliminary round - Submission of a performance video (maximum time 3 minutes)
Final round - Live performance (maximum time 3 minutes)
- Applicants must submit an entry form which includes complete contact information. The title on the entry video must match the name used by the individual or group.
- Performance videos may be submitted via YouTube, or by recording to disc or a flash drive. (See entry form for directions.)
- Performers may sing a capella or use an instrumental track.
- All performances must be family-friendly and free of profanity.
- A trophy will be awarded to each 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winner. All contest finalists will receive a participation certificate.
- Winners may be invited to perform at a City function at a future date.
- All finalists will be asked to sign a release for possible use of their performance in City media and news releases.
Video entries may be submitted via the online form, by mail, by email, or in person.
- To submit online, upload a video of your performance to YouTube.com, then copy and paste the link into the online application form.
- To submit via mail, print and fill out the application form. Then mail your completed application, along with a copy of your performance video on a DVD or flash drive to
Rowlett Public Library
5702 Rowlett Road
Rowlett, TX 75089
- To submit in person, print and fill out the application form. On one of the two drop off dates (see below), bring your completed application, along with a copy of your performance video on a DVD or flash drive to
City Hall Annex
4004 Main Street
Rowlett, TX 75088
In person deliveries can only be made on Friday, March 23 from 3 to 5 pm or Saturday, March 24 from 10 am to 12 pm.
DVDs and Flash Drives will not be returned.
Download a PDF copy of contest instructions and entry form.
Incomplete entry forms and video files sent as email
attachments will not be accepted.
Questions? Contact .
Deadline for Contest Entries: Saturday, March 24th, 2018
Final Round Live Performances will be held on Saturday, April 28th, 2018
at 6:00 pm at the Rowlett Community Centre, 5300 Main Street