Located in the City Manager's Office
4000 Main Street
214-784-8404 voice or text
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Citizen City Academy is a 12 week course offered twice each year. Up to 25 Rowlett residents learn how their Elected Officials interact with City staff and how the nine major departments work together to deliver City services on time, on budget, and with an eye to the future. Participants gain a deeper understanding of how local government works from the people who directly serve the citizens of Rowlett.
Benefits of Attending
- Opportunity to offer input about City services
- Participate in discussions with City staff about successes and challenges
- Gain the knowledge needed to become a member of a City advisory board or commission
- Build friendships across a diverse group of participants
- Serve as a role model for other community members
Our next class will be starting on August 30, 2018. It will be a Thursday lunch time class from 11:30am-2:00pm. Register here. Class size is limited to 25, and registration will close on August 10, 2018.
Know where to go, who to call and what is going on in the City of Rowlett!